Giving Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds

Donating stocks, bonds, and mutual funds can be a significant way to minister to the needy. You can also donate the interest on a CD, IRA, charitable trust or money market account. Donating these items is easy, and you may avoid capital gains taxes.

You need only consult your financial advisor. He or she will need the following information in order to wire the shares to Memphis Union Mission's account:

Brokerage Firm: Fidelity Investments
DTC Number: 0226
Account Number: Z72783412

Note: The first character in the account number is the letter "Z".

Please notify us if you plan to wire shares to Memphis Union Mission.
That way, we will know when to expect the transfer and may send you a receipt for tax purposes.

In most cases, you will receive greater tax benefits by wiring your shares to our account, rather than selling them and sending the proceeds to the Mission. See your tax attorney for details.

Giving other appreciable assests

You may also wish to donate other appreciable assets, including real estate, artwork, coins, and intellectual property. Memphis Union Mission is pleased to accept these kinds of items under most circumstances.

For more information, please call (901) 526-8403.

Will you help today?

Donate Now Volunteer