Hire a Graduate
A Great Way to Help Rebuild Lives
Are you looking for a way to invest in our clients in a way that will also be beneficial to your business?
Consider hiring one of our program graduates!
By the time men and women graduate from our recovery programs, they have been with us for about a year. They've had a lot of time to accumulate skills that will help them transition into the work force and make a valuable contribution to your business.
We've received positive feedback from area employers who've hired our graduates. In fact, some ask us to send them as many graduates as possible.
Hiring our graduates is a win-win scenario: It provides your business with good employees, and it gives our graduates a second chance in the work force.
What Do Graduates Learn?
During their time at Memphis Union Mission, graduates have learned the value of:
- Integrity and Work Ethic: Our graduates have been taught to work until the job is done and to work overtime when needed.
- Adaptability: Our graduates have learned how to adapt from life on the streets to a structured accountable environment. They've learned not to give up or quit when things don't go their way.
- Communication: They've learned the importance of speaking clearly and answering respectfully to leadership.
- Better Judgment: Graduates have learned the consequences of making right decisions versus wrong ones. They've learned the importance of showing up on time for their chores/duties and to comply with program rules.
- Postive Demeanor: Laziness is not tolerated. Positive body language has always been emphasized and rewarded!
- Listening: Unlike communication skill listening involves paying attention and following instructions.
- Teamwork: Graduates have learned how to work together despite different personalities to accomplish a particular task or job duty.
What About the Risks?
The Federal Bonding Program provides fidelity bonding that is provided at no cost to you or the employees. This bonding is essentially insurance to protect you against employee dishonesty. It covers any kind of employee stealing: theft, forgery, larceny, and embezzlement.
This gives you, the employer, both protection and peace of mind about internal theft.
Where Do I Begin?
If you're interested in helping one of our male graduates with employment, please contact Rogers Heffner at (901) 526-8403, ext. 2016. To hire one of our female graduates, please contact Cyndi DeWitt at (901) 522-8819.